24 February 2011

Tea in the Library


From my spot up here on the hill I have been watching the cruise ships come and go from the harbour. They glide in on the calm summer water like reposeful cows strolling to the milking shed, and then not long later they leave again just as serenely. The sky has been blue for days on end and I am soaking in this summer warmth.

My thoughts have been where most every New Zealanders thoughts are directed right now, with the people of Christchurch. I am so grateful all of my family there survived the terrible earthquake.

Tea in the Library is heading off to Artbay Gallery today along with a few other pieces.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous piece! My heart goes out to the people of Christchurch. I am friends with an etsy seller who lives there - our circle has not heard from her yet but we feel confident that she and her family are safe. Our thoughts are with all who have been affected by this terrible tragedy. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful creation and gorgeous description of the cruise ships too.
    Yes, we are holding New Zealand, and particularly Christchurch, so very tightly in our thoughts and prayers right now.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard not to think about it constantly isn't it? I heard that you had a quake today too? I hope you are not feeling too worried about it all. Love your beautiful art as always x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica~ This piece is very beautiful...the soft colors, the books, the teacups...just everything! I too loved your description of the cruise ships. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Christchurch. Paulette xo

    ReplyDelete